Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today was a great day! Started out actually nervous for what was ahead but it all turned out great! Why? Because God is GOOD!!!

Had staff devotions to start the day then we put on our walking shoes and headed out for a prayer walk. Now when I was considering taking this job this was the one thing that made me the most nervous. No joke! I am not an exerciser and boy do I work with a ton of them! The last prayer walk they went on was 9 miles. Are you kidding me? So with walking shoes on we headed out and walked the CityBlast 5k route which is 3.1 miles. Started out not too bad. Roger was hobbling along with his torn tenden and boot and really shouldn't be walking but it made me look good :) So a few blocks down the street someone turns around and heads back to the church to get Roger a golf cart. Okay understandably so. Continue walking and the calves start cramping but the prayers get more intense. What am I praying for? The good Lord to help me make it through this walk! Yes I did pray for the neighborhoods, the city of Puyallup, the YMCA, Puyallup Foursquare etc but don't kid yourself I had some serious "Lord help me make it through this!" Pain is subsiding as the walk continues and I'm thinking, "What am I worried about?" Until........we turn a corner and there it is straight ahead of me.....the hill. Are you kidding me? This hill was UGLY!!! Make it up the hill after I swore I was going to die. Oh I wasn't the last in the bunch but still. Roger asked if I wanted a ride and I was like "oh no, I'm not going down like that." I can make - that's what I kept telling myself. Finally made it up the hill, down the other side and back to flat land! Whoa!

After making it back to the church I got to thinking about my prayers and how God was right there next to me helping me get through that walk just like He is there with every other thing I do. How I am reminded that I am not to rely on myself or the works of the earthly world but I am to rely on my Savior! Lord, thank you for reminding me that YOU are here for me. That you are all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment